Monday, January 24, 2011

Proper Dieting for Great Abs and Better Health

So many people try to follow a fad diet. We don't need to do a "low carb" or "low fat" diet, or high or low this or that to be successful in losing enough belly fat to get slim enough to be able to see our abs. Someone told me balance is the key to success along with eating a diet that is made up of nutrient dense foods in their natural state (as unprocessed as possible).  I have been finding that out and it helped me loose belly fat.


Most of the time, it’s the heavy processing of foods that creates problems inside our bodies. Most foods in their natural raw state are really good for us. Of course there are always exceptions, I do not mean things that are poisonous or not good for us. The right type of nutrition and diet will help to get you slim for life and see that no-belly-fat flat stomach.


Get good quality protein in the daily diet - not only does it have a higher heat effect than carbs and fat and therefore you burn more calories digesting it, but it also satisfies your hunger longer. And it contributes to maintaining and building lean muscle. This is something a trainer pointed out to me that the amount of lean muscle you carry is one of the main factors for controlling your metabolism.


I use carbohydrate that has higher fiber sources such as vegetables, fruits, and high fiber unrefined grains. I now avoid refined sugars and refined grains as that is one of the main reasons so many people struggle with belly fat. I do not eat many grains but most of my carbs come from veggies and fruits. It is generally recommend that carbohydrate sources have at least 2-3 grams of fiber per each 10 grams of total carbs. Fiber helps fill you up and also slows down the glycemic response of the foods you eat, all beneficial for getting lean. And this is helpful for diabetics like myself.


Not all fat is bad! Too many people try to go way too low on their fat intake in their diet and this is not good for the hormone levels in our bodies as well as causing us to crave more food. We need to eat enough healthy fats daily. Good sources are like the following - all kinds of nuts and seeds, nut butters, avocados, olive oil, organic meats and eggs, coconuts and virgin coconut oil. I learnt that saturated fats from tropical oils are pretty misunderstood, even by many nutritionists and other health professionals. Tropical oils are composed highly of saturated fats, but are actually beneficial to us.


But the big warning to us whch will greatly help reduce belly fat is to AVOID.
Ingredients like artificial trans fats from margarines, shortening, and hydrogenated oils that are in most processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, which is in almost all sweetened products on the shelves.  Avoid most processed foods and that will be a big help to rid of belly fat.


Following these guidelines have helped me gain control over my appetite, blood sugar levels, hormone levels, belly fat etc.  It has certainly been helping me to look the way I want and feel more energy. I appreciate the help others have given me thru some programs on how to loose belly fat and get great abs.

No comments:

Beyond Six Pack Abs